Copyright Space Coast Vettes®
Club Meetings are the first Sunday of every month (except when otherwise noted) at MeMaw's BBQ on Eau Gaulie Causeway, Indian Harbor Beach. Social and Dinner Start at 6pm and Meeting is at 7pm.
Next Meeting is May 4th, 2014.
Next Club Social Events:
There are no additional Events planned for April.
May 9th, 2014: Experience Old Florida Cuisine and History at MARSH LANDING: Meet at BB&T Bank on corner of Babcock & Malabar between 5:15 & 5:30 PM. Use 2nd (southern) entrance to bank on Babcock. (If coming from North, Use Exit 173; turn left on Malabar Rd to Babcock). The dinner menu can be found here.
If you did not already RSVP at April Meeting, please sign up at our next meeting on May 4th or send email to Karen Marshall.
May 24th, 2014: Cocoa Village Playhouse visit originally planned for Feb 22nd as been rescheduled for May 24th. The play will be "La Cage Aux Folles". Price is $ 24 per ticket. To reserve your seating, you will need to RSVP to Karen Marshall. Advance Payment required. More information at our upcoming meeting. The dinner is planned for that same day 5:30 at the Black Tulip.
Upcoming Florida Area Car and Corvette Shows:
Sunday April 27th: 16th Annual River Cruise In, Stuart Corvette Club. We will meet at the Malabar Rest Stop I-95 Southbound at 8:00am, and will leave 8:30am for Stuart. The registration flyer can be found here.
Sunday May 18th: Ponce Inlet "Vettes at the Light VIII". More details will be available soon.
April 27th, 2014: Vietnam Wall Escort, departing from Eastern Florida College (Previously BCC) Campus in Clearlake Road, Cocoa. Escort is at 10am, Lineup starts at 9am. The escort includes both motorcycles and cars. Pete won't be able to participate this year, but feel free to contact him for further information.
The Florida Caravan starts in Sebring and will depart at 7:00 AM on August 27th and will caravan North on US-27 to the Turnpike to join the I-75 North to Atlanta GA. and then onto Bowling Green.
We plan on meeting up with the Caravan as they head North. Here is a link to the current schedule. You can find all the registrations links available from the Florida Corvette Caravan Site. On your registration make sure you indicate that you are with the Florida group and pay the additional $5, otherwise the Florida coordinator will not get your ticket and you will not be able to park with the group!
Pete has reserved rooms in Cave City KY and for the over night in Georgia/Kennesaw. Information about the hotels has been sent to those that have contacted Pete about being part of the Caravan. Please contact Pete for further details.
If you are going to be in Carlisle, PA. there will also be a Caravan departing from that location.
Corvette and Car Shows
Corvette Museum Caravan
Corvette and other Featured News
Corvette Stingray Wins Car of the Year at Detroit
Chevrolet Wins big at the Detroit Auto Show. The Silverado wins Truck of the Year award and the Corvette Stingray took Car of the Year winning over the Cadillac CTS!
Click here to read the story!
2015 Corvette to get Performance Data Recorder Option
The 2015 Corvette will add a feature that will integrate a HD forward facing cam on the windshield to provide a full featured Performance Data Recorder. It can record up to 200 minutes of video on a 8MB removable SD card. It can record 30 channels of information, including engine rpm, transmission-gear selection, braking force, and steering-wheel angle. Read the full article here.
Corvette Stingray may get 8-gear shitfbox by 2016
Although there is no official confirmation from GM that the Stingray will get a 8-speed gear box, Stingray's Chief Engineer seemed to focus on when - not if - the 8 speed is coming. Read the article here
2015 Corvette Z06 at same level as ZR1
The new Z06 engine is just an inch taller than the LT1 in the Corvette Stingray. The LT4 is a 6.2-liter supercharged V8 producing "at least" 625 horsepower and 635 pound-feet of torque. Read the full article here.
Sinkhole at the Corvette Museum!
Something we thought only happened in Florida! A sinkhole at the Skydome of the Corvette Museum swallowed six of the Museum's precious (and irreplaceable) Corvettes, to include the 2009 ZR-1 Blue Devil. Thankfully, the perimeter of the Skydome has been declared as stable. The Museum is open, but the Skydome portion of the tour will be closed. If you didn't get the email from the Corvette Museum, you can get the detail from the coverage by CNN here. The Corvette Museum also posted videos and pictures.
Florida 27th Annual Veterans Reunion May 1-4th
On May 1 - 4, Vietnam and All Veterans of Brevard will present Florida's 27th Annual Vietnam & All Veterans Reunion. The event will be held at Wickham Park, Melbourne FL. All veterans are encouraged to come and meet your Vet brothers and sisters. Click here to view and print a flyer for this event. Additional details can be seen at www.floridaveteransreunion.com
The Space Coast Corvette Club was organized in 1973 by our first President Jerry Allen. He felt that the Melbourne area was ready for a dynamic Corvette Club and survived their first year by conducting car washes and other events to raise money. The Space Coast Corvette Club had later filed for incorporation with the State of Florida on May 19, 1977.
The club's constitution describes our purpose adequately: "To provide its membership an opportunity to participate in organized competition and promote greater enjoyment of their Corvettes." "To promote and participate in community activities in order to develop a greater understanding and spirit of cooperation between the community and all automotive enthusiasts."
Space Coast Vettes, a non-profit organization, has sponsored several fund raising events since 1973. Some of the organizations that have benefited are: Hacienda Girl Ranch, East Coast Zoological Society, Harbor city Volunteer Ambulance Squad, Florida Children's home, and many others.
Official Club Correspondence should be sent to:
Space Coast Vettes
P.O. Box 360438
Melbourne, Fl. 32936
Checks for donation or membership should be made payable to: SCCC
The Club meets the first Sunday of every month (unless otherwise noted) at Memaw's BBQ, located at 600 E. Eau Gaullie Blvd. in Indian Harbor Beach. Social and Dinner starts at 6pm, with meeting starting at 7pm. Visitors and Guests are encouraged to attend. The Club Board of Directors meets the Wednesday prior to the general meeting at Rosner Chevrolet. All club members are welcomed at the Board of Directors meeting.
Club dues are payable not later than the October Meeting. Current Space Coast Vettes Corvette Club (SVCC) dues renewal is $49 per year per family. These fees includes both SVCC membership and the National Corvette Club Council (NCCC) membership. New member fees are $69 ($10 one time charge for SVCC and $10 for NCCC). A $10 late fee will be charged for late payment of dues.
If you are interested in joining our club, we encourage you to come to one of our monthly meetings at Memaw's BBQ. Membership application and paperwork is not available from this website or via email, you must attend one of our regular meetings to obtain them.
Questions about the Club?
Send us Email!
Traveling Cell Phone List
Use of the 2014 Corvette pictures, logos, and artwork were discussed at the September meeting. Since that meeting, we have been informed that members CAN use PHOTOS of their own PERSONAL 2014 Corvette on their personal web sites, club web sites, and social media. For example, if your club hosts an activity and someone has their own personal 2014 Corvette at the club activity, a photograph of the car can be used on your club web site, your personal web site or social media. To avoid possible confusion, I would recommend that you state that the photo was used with permission from the owner. We are not allowed to use the imaging of a 2014 model, or logos, that may be available through various media outlets, in conjunction with any NCCC club logos, club merchandise, club literature, club stationary, etc. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.
Important note about the use of 2014 Corvette Stingray pictures on our websites.
For Sale or Trade
Club Members can send their ads to the Webmaster for publication on this page. Ads will run for 1 month unless a request is sent to the Webmaster to extend it. Ads are free to all members. Non Members can place ads for a $25 donation, the ads will run for 3 months. Non-member requests/photos should be send to the Club P.O. Box or brought to our monthly meeting. Please, Corvette related items only.
DISCLAIMER: Space Coast Vettes is not responsible for the information provided on these ads. Ads do not represent an endorsement of the items placed for sale or trade on this page by Space Coast Vettes, their members or officers. Space Coast Vettes reserves the right to reject any advertisement that is not in the best interests of the club and shall be held harmless from damages or responsibility on any dispute herein.
For Sale: 1966 Corvette Coupe
It is a 300 / 327 with a 4 speed. The car has a 1967 front hood and fenders and painted Pontiac Vedoria Green. This was done 44 years ago when the car was with the original owner. I am asking $39,500 for the car and it is in Indiana. Contact Bill Cook
62 - 62
Vettes On the Avenue XI
Space Coast Vettes Club
October 19, 2013
Our show was tremendous success this year. A record 138 Bright and Shiny Corvettes including 3 new C7's participated on a beautiful October day. Thank you to all that participated and worked to make this such a successful show.
Please mark your calendars for next year on October 18, 2014 for Vettes on the Avenue XII.
21 - 21
River Cruise-in Show
Stuart Corvette Club
Ft. Pierce City Marina
68 - 68
Vettes On the Avenue X
Space Coast Vettes Club
10th Anniversary Edition
26 - 26
Holiday Inn Convention Center
Some members have asked about anti-virus and malware prevention software. So here are some hints and recommendations to keep your computer in top shape:
- For antivirus software for you PC, I recommend Norton Utilities 360. You can get it on our local Best Buy, Staples or Office Depot. The cost is $49 and you can use it in up to three PC's in your home. You can also buy it online at the Symantec Site.
- Another very nice tool is Malware Bytes. You can download it from here. There is a free and a premium version. The free version will do what you need it to do for your home/personal use. You can use this tool to clean your computer if you think it has become infested with a virus or other type of "bad" software that you thing might be slowing your computer down. It can be safely used in conjunction with Norton to give you a complete solution.
Always remember, never click on links you get from emails, unless you know for sure where it come from or can verify who sent it. 90% of virus and malware gets to your computer this way, by clicking on a link you thought a friend send you or that it looks like it came for your bank or a well known store (like Walmart or Best Buy) but instead sends you to a fake website that either has a virus or will ask you for a lot of personal information (also called "phishing"). The emails may look legitimate, but have embedded links that send you somewhere else other than what it says. To help you protect yourself from phishing, follow this guidelines:
1. Guard against spam. Be especially cautious of emails that come from unrecognized senders, ask you to confirm personal or financial information over the Internet and/or make urgent requests for this information. These message are usually not personalized, try to make you act quickly by using threatening language and/or false information with the intent of scaring you into clicking the link or providing them with the information ("You account has been lock. They also tend to be written in broken english.
2. Communicate personal information only via phone o secure web sites. In fact: when conducting online transactions, look for a sign that the site is secure such as a lock icon on the browser’s status bar or a “https:” URL whereby the “s” stands for “secure” rather than a “http:” Also, beware of phone phishing schemes. Do not divulge personal information over the phone unless you initiate the call. Be cautious of emails that ask you to call a phone number to update your account information as well. This is pretty common here in Florida.
3. Do not click on links, download files or open attachments in emails from unknown senders. It is best to open attachments only when you are expecting them and know what they contain, even if you know the sender.
4. Never email personal or financial information, even if you are close with the recipient. You never know who may gain access to your email account, or to the person’s account to whom you are emailing.
5. Beware of links in emails that ask for personal information, even if the email appears to come from an enterprise you do business with. Phishing web sites often copy the entire look of a legitimate web site, making it appear authentic. To be safe, call the legitimate enterprise first to see if they really sent that email to you. After all, businesses should not request personal information to be sent via email.
6. Beware of pop-ups and follow these tips:
* Never enter personal information in a pop-up screen.
* Do not click on links in a pop-up screen.
* Do not copy web addresses into your browser from pop-ups.
* Legitimate enterprises should never ask you to submit personal information in pop-up screens, so don’t do it.
The views above are provided exclusively to our members as a courtesy of the webmaster. This doesn't constitute an endorsement of any product(s) of service(s) by Space Coast Corvette Club or its Board of Directors or implies a warranty of any kind.
Space Coast Corvette Club
All Rights Reserved
Last Update: April 13th, 2014
Updates/Questions? Contact Webmaster