Copyright Space Coast Vettes®
Club Meetings are the first Sunday of every month (except when otherwise noted) at MeMaw's BBQ on Eau Gaullie Causeway, Indian Harbor Beach. Social and Dinner Start at 6pm and Meeting is at 7pm.
Next General Meeting: Sunday February 14th, 2016
Club Shirts, Jackets and Hats are available for purchase. Jackets are $75, Shirts are $30 and hats are $15. If interested, please see Kevin O'Grady.
Club Name Tags are also available. They are $10.
If Interested contact Tom Howard.
Next Club Social Events:
Saturday February 20th: Dinner at Dixie Crossroads
We are planning to have a club member dinner on Saturday, February 20, 2016. The Dinner will be held at the Dixie Crossroads Restaurant in Titusville. Plans are to have dinner at 5 pm. We will need an accurate head count of the number of attendees prior to Monday, February 15th. Please respond to Tom Marshall and advise if you are attending and how many will be in your party.
Upcoming Florida Area Car and Corvette Shows:
We will be providing information as we get it. If the club is participating on a show, there will be additional information about where to meet to go to the show, etc.
Note: Some of these shows are not Corvette-Only events!
February 13th: Car Show at Space Coast Harley Palm Bay
For those interested in going registration begins at 8am, the show is 10am-5pm we will meet at the 7-11 parking lot across the street from Bass Pro Shop 7:45-8am cruise in at 8:15am.
March 5th: Celebration of Cars at Wickham Park
April 24th: 18th Annual Corvette River Cruise-in at Fort Pierce Marina
The Stuart Corvette Club will be holding their 18th Annual Corvette River Cruise-in on Sunday, April 24th. $30 Pre-registration. For more info, click here for the flyer.
No Parades Planned At Present
Activities shown on this section include Cruises or other events. These events may not be sponsored nor endorsed by the Space Coast Vettes Club and may not be Corvette related events. They are just provided for your information:
January 10th: Cruise-in at Longdoggers Viera:
12pm to 4pm Cruise in.
First Tuesday of Every Month 5pm-9pm: Cruise-In at Avenues in Viera
The first Tuesday of every month there is a Cruise-In/Car Show (free) at the Avenues in Viera. Three restaurants there are the sponsors: Five Guys, The Pita and Pizza Gallery. Parking spaces will be reserved. This is very similar to the Cruise in at the Five Guys in Hammock Landings Mall in Palm Bay.
Third Tuesday Night 5:30 to 9pm: Car Cruise at Pappagallo's Restaurant:
Classic Reflections Car Club hold a Car Cruise every third Tuesday night at the Pappagallo's Restaurant in Satellite Beach. Get their flyer here.
Corvette Clubs and Related Links
13th Annual "Vettes On The Ave" Show October 17, 2015
Space Coast Corvette Club held its Annual "Vettes on the Ave Show" this past Saturday October 17, 2015. Our show was a tremendous success and we will like to thank all of you that came down to spend the day with us! It was a gorgeous day and we had a record 156 Corvettes!
Because of your support, and that from our many donors, we were able to give the Honor Flight a check for $2,500! For this, we would like to say "Thank You" to all our donors and those who attended this year's show.
We hope to see you all back of our 14th Annual Vettes On the Avenue on October 15th, 2016.
GM Working on Next Generation C8 Corvette
GM's head of Global Development, Mark Reuss, has confirmed that GM is currently working on the next generation C8 Corvette. It will be launched in the 2017 model year. The name given to this new Corvette will be the "Zora ZR1". The new ZR1 will be low volume, roughly 1500 units per annum, and figures to start around $150,000. It will be a standalone special and will share showroom space with the current C7 model. The C7 will continue production alongside the C8. The C7 is expected to end production around the 2020 timeframe. The C8 will then continue production and will be introducing base models to the fold. The C8 will still maintain a V8 engine, but for the first time, the C8 will be a Mid Engine Corvette!
The Space Coast Corvette Club was organized in 1973 by our first President Jerry Allen. He felt that the Melbourne area was ready for a dynamic Corvette Club and survived their first year by conducting car washes and other events to raise money. The Space Coast Corvette Club had later filed for incorporation with the State of Florida on May 19, 1977.
The club's constitution describes our purpose adequately: "To provide its membership an opportunity to participate in organized competition and promote greater enjoyment of their Corvettes." "To promote and participate in community activities in order to develop a greater understanding and spirit of cooperation between the community and all automotive enthusiasts."
Space Coast Vettes, a non-profit organization, has sponsored several fund raising events since 1973. Some of the organizations that have benefited are: Hacienda Girl Ranch, East Coast Zoological Society, Harbor City Volunteer Ambulance Squad, Florida Children's home, and many others.
Official Club Correspondence should be sent to:
Space Coast Vettes
P.O. Box 360438
Melbourne, Fl. 32936
Checks for donation or membership should be made payable to: SCCC
The Club meets the first Sunday of every month (unless otherwise noted) at Memaw's BBQ, located at 600 E. Eau Gaullie Blvd. in Indian Harbor Beach. Social and Dinner starts at 6pm, with meeting starting at 7pm. Visitors and Guests are encouraged to attend. The Club Board of Directors meets the Wednesday prior to the general meeting at Rosner Chevrolet. All club members are welcomed at the Board of Directors meeting.
Club dues are payable not later than the October Meeting. Current Space Coast Vettes Corvette Club (SCCC) dues renewal is $49 per year per family. These fees includes both SCCC membership and the National Corvette Club Council (NCCC) membership. New member fees are $69 ($10 one time charge for SCCC and $10 for NCCC). A $10 late fee will be charged for late payment of dues.
Questions about the Club?
Send us Email!
Traveling Cell Phone List
Use of the C7 Stingray Corvette pictures, logos, and artwork were discussed at one of our meetings. Since that meeting, we have been informed that members CAN use photos of their own PERSONAL C7 Corvette on their personal web sites, club web sites, and social media. For example, if your club hosts an activity and someone has their own personal C7 Corvette at the club activity, a photograph of the car can be used on your club web site, your personal web site or social media. To avoid possible confusion, I would recommend that you state that the photo was used with permission from the owner. We are not allowed to use the imaging of a C7 model, or logos, that may be available through various media outlets, in conjunction with any NCCC club logos, club merchandise, club literature, club stationary, etc. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.
Important note about the use of 2014 Corvette Stingray pictures on our websites.
For Sale or Trade
Club Members can send their ads to the Webmaster for publication on this page. Ads will run for 1 month unless a request is sent to the Webmaster to extend it. Ads are free to all members. Non Members can place ads for a $25 donation, the ads will run for 3 months. Non-member requests/photos should be send to the Club P.O. Box or brought to our monthly meeting. Please, Corvette related items only.
DISCLAIMER: Space Coast Vettes is not responsible for the information provided on these ads. Ads do not represent an endorsement of the items placed for sale or trade on this page by Space Coast Vettes, their members or officers. Space Coast Vettes reserves the right to reject any advertisement that is not in the best interests of the club and shall be held harmless from damages or responsibility on any dispute herein.
No Classified Ads at this Time
3 - 3
Panama Canal Cruise
Thanks to Pete for sending us his pictures from their recent cruise!
Memorial Day Parade
May 25th, 2015
Thank you to all that came out for the parade, the most we ever had 22 car's & 32 for lunch at Meg's. It was a great day. For those heading back north for the summer have a good trip and a good summer, we will see you in the fall!
3 - 4
4th of July Parade
July 4th, 2014
See the video from Florida Today here
45 - 45
20th Anniversary Corvette Caravan
Bowling Green, KY
August 27th- 30th
19 - 19
Viera High School
Viera High School
September 24th, 2014
2 - 2
Eau Gallie High School Car Show
Eau Gallie High School
October 10th, 2014
93 - 93
12th Annual Vettes on the Avenue Show
October 18th, 2014
We want to thank all that participated on our show this year! We had 139 Corvettes on what turned out to be a wonderful Saturday afternoon. Because of your support to our show we were able to donate $2,000 to the Wounded Warriors in Action Foundation. We hope to see you all next year!
2 - 2
Dinner at The Mansion
The Mansion Restaurant
November 1st, 2014
15 - 15
Ancient City Auto Show
St. Augustine, FL
November 22nd, 2014
30 - 30
Corvette Toy Run
Titusville to Cape Canaveral, FL
December 6th, 2014
29 - 29
Holiday Inn Viera
December 12th, 2014
62 - 62
21 - 21
Vettes On the Avenue XI
Space Coast Vettes Club
October 19, 2013
Our show was tremendous success this year. A record 138 Bright and Shiny Corvettes including 3 new C7's participated on a beautiful October day. Thank you to all that participated and worked to make this such a successful show.
Please mark your calendars for October 18, 2014 for Vettes on the Avenue XII. Get the Flyer here!
River Cruise-in Show
Stuart Corvette Club
Ft. Pierce City Marina
68 - 68
Vettes On the Avenue X
Space Coast Vettes Club
10th Anniversary Edition
26 - 26
Holiday Inn Convention Center
For antivirus software for you PC, I recommend Norton Utilities 360. You can get it at our local Best Buy, Staples or Office Depot. The cost is $49 and you can use it in up to three PC's in your home. You can also buy it online at the Symantec Site.
Another very nice tool is Malware Bytes. You can download it from here. There is a free and a premium version. The free version will do what you need it to do for your home/personal use. You can use this tool to clean your computer if you think it has become infested with a virus or other type of "bad" software that you think might be slowing your computer down. It can be safely used in conjunction with Norton to give you a complete solution.
Always remember, never click on links you get from emails, unless you know for sure where it come from or can verify who sent it. 90% of virus and malware gets to your computer this way, by clicking on a link you thought a friend send you or that it looks like it came for your bank or a well known store (like Walmart or Best Buy) but instead sends you to a fake website that either has a virus or will ask you for a lot of personal information (also called "phishing"). The emails may look legitimate, but have embedded links that send you somewhere else other than what it says. To help you protect yourself from phishing, follow this guidelines:
1. Guard against spam. Be especially cautious of emails that come from unrecognized senders, asking you to confirm personal or financial information over the Internet and/or make urgent requests for this information. These message are usually not personalized, try to make you act quickly by using threatening language and/or false information with the intent of scaring you into clicking the link or providing them with the information ("Your account has been locked", "The FBI says you have to"). They also tend to be written in broken English and/or have really bad grammar. The Nigerian "419" Scam is an example of this type of spam, which is a type of advance fee fraud scam that tries to get you to send them money in order to get an "inheritance" or a "lottery winning" neither of which are real. "Spear Phishing" is a refined version of Phising. The email may use your real name and address and it may not have the bad grammar normally associated with regular "419" emails. But it is still after the same target, your personal information. Keep in mind that legitimate business will never ask for personal information via email.
2. Communicate personal information only via phone or secure web sites. In fact, when conducting online transactions, look for a sign that the site is secure such as a lock icon on the browser’s status bar or a “https:” on the site name. This “s” stands for “secure”, unlike plain “http:” which doesn't use encryption and data transfers can be easily intercepted by someone recording the traffic. Also, beware of phone phishing schemes. Do not divulge personal information over the phone unless you initiate the call. Be cautious of emails that ask you to call a phone number to update your account information as well. This is pretty common here in Florida.
3. Do not click on links, download files or open attachments in emails from unknown senders. It is best to open attachments only when you are expecting them and know what they contain, even if you know the sender.
4. Never email personal or financial information, even if you are close with the recipient. You never know who may gain access to your email account, or to the person’s account to whom you are emailing.
5. Beware of links in emails that ask for personal information, even if the email appears to come from an someone you know or do business with. Phishing web sites often copy the entire look of a legitimate web site, making it appear authentic. To be safe, call the person or business first to see if they really sent that email to you. After all, businesses should not request personal information to be sent via email.
6. Beware of pop-ups and follow these tips:
* Never enter personal information in a pop-up screen.
* Do not click on links in a pop-up screen.
* Do not copy web addresses into your browser from pop-ups.
* Legitimate business should never ask you to submit personal information in pop-up screens, so don’t do it.
The views above are provided exclusively to our members as a courtesy of the webmaster. This doesn't constitute an endorsement of any product(s) or service(s) by Space Coast Corvette Club or its Board of Directors nor implies a warranty of any kind.
Space Coast Corvette Club
All Rights Reserved
Last Update: February 9th, 2016
Updates/Questions? Contact Webmaster